20101230

I awake to a phone call saying,
I'm outside. I get up, cover my chest with my vest.
Slip on my shoes and head home to my nest.
It feels good to see the sun is shining, and the birds are whining.
I take a shower and get dressed,
I've seen better days but I'll make this the best.
Another phone call I answer with haste,
a friend of mines with some drugs to waste.
I rush to his house, we fill his bathroom with smoke,
order some food, pick it up and hit the rode.
Downtown we go, I had to buy some shades.
Cover my eyes, the human razor blades.
Go to Starbucks indulge in a Mocha,
time to take a cold walk back to the car.
On the way there I saw a girl I was supposed to
have lunch with but she stood me up.
She smiles and says hey as she stares me down and looks me up.
She wanted to say more but the shame was too much.
Back home to the abyss I head,
sitting in the dark with my shades on because my eyes are so red,
and low. To the moon I'll go, hopefully there's no one there I know.
Crack open a Coors Light and turn up Ready to Die,
I'm feeling like a star and I don't know why.
No matter where I go it's bright, cover your eyes.
And I'm shooting through your life, and I'm shooting through your sky.
Let me be your supernova.

No comments:

Post a Comment